Treading lightly - used items
From: Erika Lockhart (fiatgirlgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 22:39:23 -0700 (PDT)
Craigslist.org is definitely great, and they have a new category -
"Materials" - for building materials.  I've gotten a couple things from
Craigslist: a free dishwasher, a refrigerator that doesn't work well, a
captain's bed, a free solid wood door, and an awesome wood stove, among
other things.  A friend of mine got headers for doors in his new house.  A
guy at work furnished a whole apartment with free stuff - dishes, furniture,
etc. Plus, I used it to adopt out a rescued cat

The downside about free or used stuff is it takes a lot of time.  Upside is,
it's a great way to do some housecleaning without holding a garage sale!
I've sold digital cameras, exercise equipment, and a motorcycle, all in 1-2
days.

Erika