affordable cohousing opportunity
From: Judy Hecht (judheeyahoo.com)
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 22:50:15 -0700 (PDT)
Things are moving along at CoHo Ecovillage in
Corvallis, Oregon. The buildings are close to being
finished and we will be moving in this fall. It?s so
exciting! Check out our new aerial shots at
www.cohoecovillage.org in the ?Watch Us Build?
section.

We have most of the 34 units reserved and the final
unit is being held for an income-eligible household.
Finding income-eligible households that make less than
80% of median income in Corvallis (that?s $54,500 for
a family of 4, for example) has been harder than we
could have imagined since they must also make enough
to afford the mortgage. Nevertheless it?s a great
opportunity for first-time homebuyers with the
potential of a large 0% interest 2nd mortgage to help
people into their first home. Another special loan
program offers smaller assistance but is available to
people who have owned a home in the past three years.
I am hoping that someone reading the cohousing list
serve might be that eligible person.

I?m also looking for ideas of how to reach
income-eligible households through our marketing
efforts. Can anyone make suggestions of how to reach
income-eligible households with, of course, an
interest in cohousing?

Yours in Community,

Judy Hecht
CoHo Ecovillage