Re: Long-Term Sustainability / on having children
From: sherylcatmom (sherylsherylhelpsanimals.com)
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 14:43:58 -0700 (PDT)
Racheli, thank you for reminding me about one-to-one replacement.  I
forgot about that concept when I was posting my question.  Even though
I'd prefer to see overall negative population growth, zero certainly
beats any higher numbers.

I admire the way you describe your conscious parenting and
values-transmission through example.  My spouse and I appreciated the
 child-rearing we saw -- and the living children themselves -- at the
cohousing community we stayed at last year.

I like the way you put this:

> It doesn't make sense to me to say that people shouldn't have any
> children,
> in the same way that it doesn't make sense to me to say that people
> should
> have children.

I prefer approaches other than "should" anyway.

Sheryl