Re: Long term sustainability
From: byron patterson (byronpattersongmail.com)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 07:58:19 -0700 (PDT)
On 7/11/07, Byron Patterson byronpatterson [at] gmail.com

Hi, Cohousers

I am a member of the CohoDC cohousing group. Our group reached difficulty
in our path of developing CohoDC. We have been meeting since March 2007
and some members move on to other forms of housing. A major challenge
of the CohoDC was diversity in levels of wealth. The group wanted to embrace
the multi-culture of Washington, D.C., but could not agree on the best path
of development. It is hard to help someone, when you associate that someone
with something negative. It is hard for me to read or hear; of people living
in
poverty described as poor. There are many circumstances, which can lead to
poverty for individuals and communities. The over exploitation of resources;

isolation or segregation of groups are a few examples. A way to overcome
poverty in communities is through the development of civil infrastructure.
Developing the way individuals and groups engage in business and society.
A knowledge of the discplines and processes; which individuals or
groups use
in your community to interact.