Re: marketing question
From: Robert Heinich (robertenocommons.org)
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:04:29 -0700 (PDT)
Leah,

Here at Eno Commons, we only need a small amount, $40/year, for our marketing
efforts.  This amount pays for 4-page flyers which I hand out when I give a
tour.  As it is a small amount, folks do not mind paying for it through their
HOA dues.

The rest of my efforts is directed towards a content-rich and attractive web
site and responding to inquiries about the community.

When, due to life circumstances, a neighbor needs to leave the community, I
work with my neighbor to create an ad which I will post to our web site.  I
also review the community web calendar to collect the contact info of folks who
came for a tour.  I notify those who came for a tour within the last six months
and those who recently emailed me.  (If you can afford it, allocate some monies
towards that ad in MarketPlace of www.cohousing.org.)

This works good enough for us that folks do not use real estate agents to sell
their houses.

>>> I also think it is the responsibility of the individual
>>> to pay for marketing of their house if they want to sell it.
It is in your interest that folks who buy that house know they are buying into
a community.  Your seller can sell to anyone.  They will be happy that you have
a list of folks who are interested in moving into your community and you will
be much happier if the folks buying do so to be part of your community.

Good luck!

-Robert Heinich
 Eno Commons Cohousing
 www.enocommons.org