2008 National Cohousing Conference: First Call for Presenters
From: Steve Hecht (shechtnewview.org)
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:47:45 -0700 (PDT)
The 2008 conference will be held at Bentley College in Waltham,
Massachusetts. The conference dates are June 14-15, with pre-conference
tours and workshops on June 12-13. Waltham is a close-in suburb of Boston.

I am heading up the program team this time around, and would like to
invite cohousers and cohousing professionals to submit ideas and/or
proposals for either conference presentations or pre-conference
workshops. Conference presentations are typically 1.5 hours, and
pre-conference workshops are 3.5 hours. There is remuneration available
for pre-conference presenters.

Proposals do not need to fall neatly into a category or track, but
roughly speaking we are addressing four kinds of cohousers at the
conference: 1) Wannabees--interested but not associated with a group; 2)
newbies--associated with a newly-formed group; 3) sited--people in
groups that have recently acquired a site and are developing it, and; 4)
cohousers currently living in established communities.

The planning committee is especially interested in getting the
pre-conference workshops set, so those proposals/ideas will receive
primary consideration at this time.

Please contact me at: shecht [at] newview.org with ideas and proposals.
Please include at least a brief bio and description of your involvement
with cohousing.