Re: HOA dues for children/teens at what age?
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 06:32:00 -0700 (PDT)
Angela, Colorado Springs Cohousing  <fred.greek [at] yahoo.com>
is the author of the message below.
after restoring subject line and deleting quoted digest.

If the "dues" are to pay for common facilities, recreation center, pool,
whatever, and if you're charging on a per-person basis, shouldn't dues
start whenever the child is eligible to use such without the parent?

  I'm wondering at what age your community starts considering
 children/youths as dues paying individuals.  Currently, our HOA monthly dues
are
 based partially on the number of people over the age of 12 in the
 household.  This seems way too young to me.

Thanks for your responses,

Angela, mother of a 12 year old.
Colorado Springs Cohousing Community