|Re: HOA dues for children/teens at what age?||<– Date –> <– Thread –>|
|From: Raines Cohen (rc3-coho-Lraines.com)|
|Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 19:15:16 -0700 (PDT)|
In the communities I've lived in, as in most condos, HOA dues are primarily per unit, with a portion of fees per square foot, particularly fee elements that go towards utilities that correspond to unit size... i.e. natural gas and heat and water and hot water at Swan's Market Cohousing (Oakland, CA). At Berkeley Cohousing, a small portion of the dues covers our shared water usage, which is allocated based on the number of residents per unit. It may be worth analyzing the HOA budget to see which elements vary more with number of people than # of units/total unit size, and then for elements which vary based on the number of people, whether actual costs shift dramatically at a particular age... perhaps the thought is that teenagers take longer or more frequent showers than kids do. Have you gone back to the folks who drafted it and asked what factors led to setting the trigger age at 13?
Rainescurrently at Pleasant Hill (CA) Cohousing, participating in Tree Bressen's facilitation intensive workshop series
- On Jul 17, 2007, at 8:26 PM, ANGELA SULLIVAN wrote:
I'm wondering at what age your community starts considering children/youths as dues paying individuals. Currently, our HOA monthly dues are based partially on the number of people over the age of 12 in the household. This seems way too young to me.
- Re: HOA dues for children/teens at what age?, (continued)
- Re: HOA dues for children/teens at what age? Bonnie Fergusson, July 18 2007
- Re: HOA dues for children/teens at what age? Raines Cohen, July 20 2007
- Re: HOA dues for children/teens at what age? Mac Thomson, July 19 2007
Re: HOA dues for children/teens at what age? Fred H Olson, July 20 2007
- Re: HOA dues for children/teens at what age? Racheli Gai, July 20 2007
Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.