Re: Daybreak Cohousing Submits for Permit
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 03:04:27 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Terri and all Daybreakers --

Congrats on submitting your plans for your permits! This is a VERY big step. But what's even more remarkable is that you've managed to raise $1 million from just 12 households. And two of your units will be rentals. That's extraordinary!

You'll see as you take each step that finding folks for the remaining houses will get easier -- although you can never let up on the marketing push. As Zev Paiss says: the people you want are out there looking for you. And I finish that thought w/: you have to let them know where you are!

Just another item I note in your email -- waiting four - six months for the permits ... And people wonder why development costs so much ... amazing isn't it?

Please keep us updated w/ the latest news from your community. Sharing milestones is one of the great pleasures of being on this list!

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Principal, The Cohousing Collaborative
McLean, VA