Re: Professional Development vs. Self-Development
From: James Kacki (jimkackimts.net)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 16:38:42 -0700 (PDT)
If you have an architect who produced the plans, part of his/her job (and fee) is to review the completed construction and identify deficiencies. Usually the architect is also the payment certifier (i.e. at the end of each month the architect reviews the work based on the plans and assesses the contractors request for payment, then certifies the amount due to the contractor based on the review of work completed). This is pretty standard, part of the architects work; so there is usually no need to hire an engineer to separately identify deficiencies. If there are deficiencies at the end, the architect certifies that the contractor will not receive his last payment until the deficiencies are corrected. If there is site work to be done (grading, water &sewer, etc.), an engineer would design it, review the work each month and be the payment certifier for that engineering work.
Its a standard system that works well.
James (an architect)