Re: Cohousing-L Digest, Vol 43, Issue 3
From: Bud Tillinghast (htillingsbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 14:53:32 -0700 (PDT)
Yes, Luk, I would be interested in the pictures.

Thanks,
Bud Tillinghast

On Aug 9, 2007, at 1:05 PM, Luk Jonckheere wrote:

I would be interested to know if any cohousing project has done a
retrofit of an elementary school building.
Bud Tillinghast

Hello,

I know two projects of collective building projects (not cohousing) here in
Belgium that transformed old school buildings into dwellings.
Their main problem, I understand, was the high ceilings. In one case they made three stories out of two. Isolation was another problem as for any
retrofitting of buildings older than 30 years.
Actually, they chosed to buy the site only because there are so few large
sites available in our country.

(I can send the photographs of Gundsolille to anyone interested)

Kind Regards,

Luk Jonckheere
Cohousing 'La Grande Cense' (Belgium),
where 15 of our 19 units are sold and construction will start next summer.
www.lagrandecense.be