Cohousing Communication Software?
From: Tegaroni (tegaroni-1yahoo.com)
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:15:26 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All,

Does anyone know of a good software package or service that handles most of a
community's electronic communication needs?

Currently we are patching together many different pieces such as YahooGroups,
Gmail Calendars, hand edited website pages, etc. But I am hoping to find a
single solution with most of the following features. Please let me know if you
have any suggestions.

* Log-In: Each resident would have a personalized log-in and password.
* BIO: Each resident would maintain their personal information such as house
number, phone numbers, email address, photo, etc.
* Member Directory: A way to view a directory of all residents and their
information.
* FAQ: A way to view community information pages
* Announcements: A way for a resident to send an email announcement to all
other residents or a subgroup of residents. Replies would be sent to the sender
instead of everyone. Also, one could send an email announcement to the system
from their email account.
* Calendars: A way for a resident to add/edit/delete events. The system would
then automatically send an email to all residents to inform them of the event
or a change to the event. It would also send out an email reminder the day
before.
* Archives: A way for a resident to view or upload documents
* Photos: A way for a resident to view or upload photos
* Groups: A way for a resident to join a "Group". These "Groups" would become
email subgroups so an announcement or calendar event such as a Board meeting
would be sent only to the "Board" subgroup. "Groups" could also be used for
meals, committees, contact lists, etc.
* Classifieds: A way for a resident to view, add or edit a classified ad.
* Pets: A way for a resident to view, add or edit information about
neighborhood pets.
* Polling: A way to allow a resident to view a proposal, make comments, and
cast their vote.

Thanks in advance,
Coy