Comparison Software
From: Stuart Joseph (stuartcaercoburn.org)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 08:03:51 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, all!
With all of the communication about software recently, I was wondering if anyone know of a program, spreadsheet, or database for cost comparison of building and materials?

We are going to be responsible for designing and building our own houses at Caer Coburn. My wife and I have been looking at house kits and it would be nice to be able to compare them as far as kit cost, additional materials, windows, doors, cabinets, labor, etc. so that we can really have a comparison to base our decision upon.

I am not that familiar with Excel, so I wouldn't know how to do it myself. I also don't use excel but I am using Easy Office and Open Office, both of which have spreadsheet and database components that will read and write in Excel format. They are free (I like that) Office Suites that do almost everything that Microsoft Office does, however, I don't think that Easyoffice is available anymore.

--
Stuart Joseph, 802-463-1954
Project Director