Definition of Outside Group
From: Dave and Diane (daveanddeeverizon.net)
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 06:06:19 -0700 (PDT)
Hi there, fellow coholanders!

I have a question about how other cohousing groups define the term "outside group" for the purpose of determining what groups can use the common facilities (great room, living room, guest rooms, etc.)

1) Is "outside group" meant to be a group that is totally unafilliated with your cohousing community and asks out of the blue if they can use your spaces?

2) Is "outside group" a group that maybe one or two members of your community belong to but is not a community-based group? (Such as membership committee, landscape committee, etc.)

3) Do you charge either of these groups for the use of the space? If so, is liability an issue?

4) What factors do you use to determine whether a group is for-profit or non-profit?

If you have any policies that you have written up on this item I would love to have them!

Thanks very much,
--Diane Simpson

outreach facilitator
jp cohousing  617-522-2209
Box 300420 boston ma
http://www.jpcohousing.org
"The people who surround you define the quality of your life."