Another great Cohousing Event! (and teaser about what's to come)
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 04:51:50 -0700 (PDT)
Yesterday was the NE Cohousing Gathering held at Cambridge Cohousing...

There were a number of cohousing communities from all over the NE
participating and it was very interesting to learn of all the newly forming
groups, as well as hearing about the successes of the established groups.
There were also cohousing developers, architects, and activists from all
over the country in attendance and the conversations in the two break-out
sessions that I attended:

Getting the Work Done

and

Development & Marketing

were most lively and interesting - and I learned a lot about how different
groups are handling the many issues around these topics now and about how
forming groups are thinking about addressing them soon.

Did you miss it? Sorry, but there will be additional meetings in the NE.
When cohousing groups come together to form a community of communities, the
information and heart that flows is truly wonderful. The upcoming BIG event
in the NE area will be the 2008 National Cohousing Conference next year in
the Boston Area... Rumor has it that planning for the 2007 event is
proceeding well and will soon start to go public. The Coho/US board (as a
whole) will be learning more about that event in our board meeting tomorrow.
A subgroup of the board and the event team has made great progress and I'm
really excited to soon learn more.

In the meantime, here's info on the incredible 2006 event that we held last
year:

http://cohousing.org/conference.aspx

So, what if you missed yesterday's event and still want to know more about
what those of us who attended learned? Were notes preserved? What might
happen to share these notes? - well...

A debriefing meeting will be starting a little later this morning and some
of these questions will be addressed.

Craig Ragland
Songaia Cohousing
New Earth Song Cohousing