Re: Secrecy in Cohousing Records
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 04:30:48 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 20, 2007, at 2:53 AM, O3C11N6G wrote:

If I ask them politely if they could work with me to resolve my concerns,
they might be less hostile to my questioning their wisdom.  In my
observations, these types of people get very impatient and uncomfortable
when somebody starts examining their ideas in detail.

One of the issues in cohousing is that there is a lot of work to do and a lot of people to answer to. People working on teams get tired of both doing the work and explaining themselves to people.

We each have to think carefully if we are asking too much of others and taking more than our fair share of bandwidth.

And remember that in the end, what works works. It's a corollary of give them enough rope and they hang themselves. If your ideas are the best, they will win out. But you have to let other people prove it to themselves. If they don't understand, they don't understand. Unless the building is burning, it isn't an emergency. It will work out.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing,Washington DC