Re: Tragedy of the commons
From: Mac Thomson (macheartwoodcohousing.com)
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 08:35:36 -0700 (PDT)
For what it's worth, we have a Teams agreement that specifically details what areas teams have responsibility over and whether their authority in various areas is Proposal Authority (responsible for an area, but need community approval) or Full Authority (team has authority to act). I think it works real well for us. We delegate lots of authority to our teams.

One of the aspects I particularly like about it is that anyone can serve on any team for any particular issue. So if the Stewardship team is working on landscaping around the CH and that's an issue of particular interest to me, but I don't normally serve on the Stewardship team, I'm welcome to participate on the team to design the landscaping around the CH (and hopefully do some planting as well :-).

Here's the link to our Teams agreement in case it may be of use:

http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com/AGREEMENTS/TEAMS.html

Cheers,
Mac

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing
Southwest Colorado
http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com

"Peace is like silence; it is always there.  The lack of harmony in our
lives is like noise superimposed on the silence. The issue is not how to
create peace, but how to live in a way that eliminates the noise."