affordability
From: Robert Corbett (bobcorb203verizon.net)
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 09:07:51 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all.  We (Greenhouse Group) are attempting to develop affordable senior
(65+) cohousing in Annapolis, MD. We're working with a consulting affordable
housing developer, and have applied to The Maryland Affordable Housing Trust
for a "Capacity Building" grant to help us grow and become a 501-C3 non-profit
to obtain tax credit financing. If successful, this would let us rent units to
ourselves at rents affordable to households earning as low as 30% to 80% of
average area income. I believe this approach was used at Elderspirit? If anyone
has had experience with this concept, I'd like to hear.    Bob Corbett