Managing the Common House
From: O3C11N6G (normangausscharter.net)
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 14:28:32 -0700 (PDT)
Different ways to manage the common house.  What kinds of
management policies are practiced in cohousing land?

My community manages the common house similar to how one would
manage one's home.
1. The heating and cooling system is fully adjustable to any
individual's preference.
2. The doors are left open all day and a few hours after dark.
3. Kids are allowed to use the common house unsupervised.
4. Any food in the refrigerator is free for the taking.
5. We have two guest rooms and charge nothing to guests.  At
present we have a temporary resident who is a professional
musician  on an engagement lasting more than a week.
6. We have frequent public meetings and private social events and
charge nothing to the sponsors.

Is this style of management typical of cohousing communities?

Norm Gauss