Common House
From: Marcia J. Bates (mjbatesucla.edu)
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:24:10 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Folks,
I also live in Oak Creek Commons, and I don't agree with Norm's description of the practices with our Common House. * The door are not left open all day. They are unlocked, but do not stand open, except under rare circumstances. * Kids are supposed to be supervised when in the Common House. They don't have to be supervised by their parents. * It is not the case that any food in the refrigerator is for the taking. Food in the frdige is generally there in preparation for meals, or as leftovers. I can think of only two times when someone took food that was intended for a meal--which was probably due to a misunderstanding. * We do not charge for guest room use, but tell guests that we are open for a donation, which guests often leave.
                                Marcia