Re: "Green" or "Sustainable" ... or both? (Fred H Olson)
From: Greg Smith (ygrecmac.com)
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 03:47:33 -0800 (PST)
I would like to add a next-step thought to the conversation of Green and Sustainable. It comes from William McDonough, an architect living in Charlottesville, VA and practicing worldwide (this is paraphrased).

He challenges us to see beyond these words as they don't describe what we really are looking for. If asked about your relationship with your partner, is 'sustainable' a good thing? Probably not! He also asks that we design our world to love all the children of all species for all time.

Let's build a world that is in true partnership with what surrounds us, not one where we can only minimize our damage.

Greg Smith
Jamaica Plain Cohousing
Boston, MA