Re: No Parking
From: Ellen Keyne Seebacher (ellepobox.com)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 20:14:22 -0800 (PST)
> Eastern Village Cohousing in Silver Spring, Maryland, does not have
> parking.? Residents do without cars, park them on the street, or pay
> for a permit to park them in the county garage behind EVC.?

> We are walking distance to the Silver Spring Metro station and a
> bunch of bus lines.

That's great for people who can walk.  What do your disabled members do?

I'll add that "near mass transit" is not generally helpful in most
cities, whose transit systems are only grudgingly accessible to people
with motor disabilities.  During the four months I spent in a wheelchair
last year, I was unable to use Boston's much-vaunted T, as many of the
stations I wanted to go to had no elevators.  And you don't even want
to get me started on the buses. :/

        Ellen (grateful to have switched to the Mosaic Commons unit
          nearest the carports)