RFPs and developers
From: Tom Hammer (thammer302yahoo.com)
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 08:04:52 -0800 (PST)
Hi All,

We have 3 potential developers interested in partnering with us, and we are considering the RFP model for choosing one. Below are some thoughts we have.

Have any groups who have used developers or are currently working with developers used a Request for Proposals (RFP)?

We are also not sure what questions to ask in some of the sections below and could use help there, too:

- Statement of our Vision
- Statement of our Goals (clustered, green, 30-40 units,
multi-generational/income, etc etc)
- Financial Arrangements
- Timeline
- Accountability
- Partnering
- Marketing
- Design Sessions (Charettes)
- Responsibilities
- Subcontracted resources (how are they selected, and can we make
recommendations?)
- Green and its influence on design. Experience?
- Co-housing and its influence on design. Experience?
- Compensation for Sweat Equity Hours.

Many thanks for any help you can give us on this.

Tom Hammer
for Concord Village
southern Chester County, PA, where we are putting in a bid on some land within walking distance of a small town.