(no subject)
From: David Heimann (heimanntheworld.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 17:16:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi Kristin,

Here is the Boston area we have three urban cohousing communities, Cambridge Cohousing, Cornerstone, and us (Jamaica Plain Cohousing). None of could have gotten built without parking, due really to zoning considerations that saleability ones. We really wanted to have no more than one space per household, our abutters were pushing for two per household, and we wound up with 1.5, though this does include guest, handicapped, and loading spots. While there's a very decent amount of street parking available in our neighbor, neither the abutters nor the zoning authorities would let us actually depend on this.

Regards,
David Heimann
Jamaica Plain Cohousing