Re: shared electric or other alternative vehicles?
From: D&J Bygott & Hanby (kibuyuyahoo.com)
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 05:46:58 -0800 (PST)
At Milagro we use a shared GEM just for within-community work, i.e.
transporting heavy loads between car-park and houses. It's  reliable as long as
you maintain the batteries (keep topped up with distilled water), keep them
charged and replace them when they start getting weak. They should last at
least 3 years.

It's important to assign routine maintenance to an individual rather than just
hope everyone will do it - they won't.

Our landscape is fairly flat, however, and when our charge is getting low we
can usually roll back to base. I don't know how a GEM would perform with hills.
You might do better to invest in a hybrid which has that extra power when you
need it.

David
Milagro CoHousing