Re: Seeking input on compassionate HOA calculation
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 08:10:54 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 10, 2007, at 10:35 AM, Mac Thomson wrote:

Our HOA dues have a 50% fixed component and 50% variable based on
number of people in a household.  The monthly range ends up being from
about $100 (household of 1) to about $200 (household of 6) per month.

How do you count households?

We have room renters who come and go leaving empty spaces and not all participate in the community.

We have babies.

We have residents who don't participate in the community.

We sometimes have undeclared residents.

If we tried this someone would say you can't enforce it equitably so you can't do it.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing,Washington DC