Re: Seeking input on compassionate HOA calculation
From: Saoirse (saoirse03mac.com)
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 08:30:39 -0800 (PST)
For us, the number of people in a household was related to wear and tear on common resources, primarily the common house and all its amenities (laundry room, big screen TV, children's room, hot tub). Also, it hasn't really worked out that more people = more workers, as households with more people (in our case) seemed to carry with it a lifestyle correlate ~ their household was more busy than others and less available for work days and less engaged in the ongoing happenings of the comm'ty ... thus not aware of some of the needs.

As a single person in a smaller home, I've appreciated the fact that we have a way of taking some of the burden off me as a single worker/ payer. My income is less, my energy is less, and I can't "trade off" with a partner to show up for things and still stay connected.

Saoirse
Harmony Village Cohousing
http://www.harmonyvillage.org