Re: Seeking input on compassionate HOA calculation
From: Christine Sizer (christinesizergmail.com)
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:41:52 -0800 (PST)
Our HOA dues have a 50% fixed component and 50% variable based on
>> number of people in a household.  The monthly range ends up being
>> from
>> about $100 (household of 1) to about $200 (household of 6) per month.
>
> How do you count households?
We calculate our HOA based on the finished square feet per unit, garages and
adult residents.  Children 4-18 are counted as .5 adults.  Currently our
HOAs range from $185-$274 per month.

We've started 4 mandatory work days a year.  If you can't make those days,
you can make up your hours at another time or pay a fee.  If you don't
participate, you will be assessed a fee (approx. $10 an hour or so.)

We currently don't have a humanitarian fund.  I don't know if it will be
possible for our community to fund it, but you never know if you don't ask.

I have heard we do have some units in arrears with regards to HOA fees, but
don't know if that's current info.  Some people have been laid off, or go
for a while between jobs.  We also have some seniors, possibly on fixed
incomes.  We have a few single parent families and some families where only
one parent works.  We have several people who have businesses out of their
homes as well.  I know, based on the price of our units, that no one bought
in as low income.  Circumstances do change, though and our HOAs continue to
rise yearly which is causing concern to at least a few members.

For those of you w/ humanitarian funds, how do you continue funding them?

Cheers,
Christine
http://highlinecrossing.org/
Littleton, CO