Re: Fees for participation
From: Villines Sharon (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:02:25 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 13, 2007, at 12:34 PM, Christine Sizer wrote:

I know I don't want to clean anything extra, either, but I was hoping to
help cut some of that $5000 or whatever it is....

We have a cleaning team and they actually love cleaning the commonhouse as a team. They protest when some members want professional cleaning. They clean every other Saturday morning from 10-12. I think one member comes in when everyone is gone to mop the kitchen and corridors.

I do think we need a professional floor person to come in twice a year to do a deep cleaning. We've rented machines but I think a professional could do better.

You really do have to have people who like cleaning, however.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing,Washington DC