Re: Fees for participation
From: Villines Sharon (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:19:56 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 13, 2007, at 1:29 PM, Ann Zabaldo wrote:

Other efforts to address the lack of participation
by the community in helping w/ the cleaning such as HIRING someone to
help have been rebuffed by the four person team.  They don't want to
spend the money.

I respectfully disagree with Ann. They do like cleaning and they like their team. Yes, they could use some help, particularly with the furniture moving, etc. And the deep cleaning is still a problem and people don't clean the tables well after meals. And I still declutter 2-3 times a week and straighten up the mail area daily.

One reason they don't want to hire anyone is that they don't believe the hired help will clean any better than the team does. Or they would be very expensive. I don't think $5,000 would do it in DC.

But we still have the cleanest commonhouse on the circuit according to Graham Meltzer. And as she notes, we use it a lot. Right now we are working a 9,000 piece puzzle so I'm in the commonhouse many hours a day (obsessed -- I took a vacation to do this) so I see how many people are there and in and out during the day.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing,Washington DC