Re: Cohousing-L Digest, Vol 48, Issue 11
From: tom shea (sheamusonyahoo.com)
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 20:58:05 -0800 (PST)
Sharon-

First of all, thank you for all of your postings.  As you probably know I just
started to contribute to these discussions and I find the entire process great.
 You (and many others) put forth great ideas and suggestions for people like
me.

I am indeed speaking of affordable as "ability to pay" rather than a refection
of regional market price.  You also raise the concept of egalitarian community
(build to the same standards).  Do you think that putting everyone on a level
playing field in this manner from day one would discourage potential future
investors (i.e. community members) once built units return to the market, or
for that matter prevent initial investors?  Is there enough individuality on
the interior of units to prevent this from occurring?  Would different
standards apply to rental units verses owned?

Tom

Message: 7