Re: Snail mail privacy
From: Brian Bartholomew (bbstat.ufl.edu)
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 17:48:19 -0800 (PST)
>    Are you really willing to put your underwear up for inspection in
>    the common house laundry?

| Absolutely; we even have cards created by a neighbor that let us
| communicate to other neighbors our preferences for whether/how they
| should move our laundry along to the drier so they can get on with
| their wash without delay.

I did the move-the-wash-along thing too when I lived in apartment
complexes, and that's not what I meant.  I was referring to the fact
that not all people feel comfortable washing all of their bridal
shower gifts in public.

-----

| If all this is of concern, why choose to live in community? Or in
| particular, this sort of community, where transparency can be a value

Why build a community where only people with a less than average need
for privacy feel comfortable?
                                                        Brian