Re: Car Sharing
From: Scott Nelson Windels (cohodrenalin.com)
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:31:11 -0800 (PST)
Sharon Villines wrote:
On Jan 14, 2008, at 1:11 PM, Scott Nelson Windels wrote:

I think overall ZipCar is cheaper and we have an account there - but
nothing beats having the option for a car parked right out front.

When you say "we" do you mean your household or the community?

Our household.

That was a few years ago. Now we have 8 ZipCars in three locations within 2 blocks of us and two more coming when a new building is completed 4 blocks away.

We're in the Bay Area and CityCarShare has spots at all of the BART stations - but those are a bike or bus ride away and with a car seat aren't terribly practical. Zip/FlexCar just put 4 spots in within walking distance so that will make things easier for us.

love
scott