Re: Car Sharing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:41:13 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 14, 2008, at 2:30 PM, Scott Nelson Windels wrote:

We're in the Bay Area and CityCarShare has spots at all of the BART
stations - but those are a bike or bus ride away and with a car seat
aren't terribly practical.  Zip/FlexCar just put 4 spots in within
walking distance so that will make things easier for us.

In DC it took legislation to allow ZipCar to put cars on the street. FlexCar had the contract for cars at the Metro so ZipCars could only be put in rented spaces on private property. It took, I think, two years to get the legislation passed. They now have clearly marked spots with nice tall ornate orange markers.

=Sharon
----
Sharon Villines in Washington DC
Where all roads lead to Casablanca