Re: Member Seeking to be Project Manager
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:40:02 -0800 (PST)
I'm sure that Laura is right about skills and personalities being key
dependencies... that being said, the optimist in me is also hopeful that
there are some learn-able best practices and available processes that can
help those with "the wrong" sorts of personalities to still do this
successfully.

We have numerous examples of "cohousing professionals" who have built
significant business practices while living in cohousing and while being a
part of forming groups. A recent public example is Chuck Durrett & Katie
McCamant, who were both members and involved professionally in Nevada City
Cohousing.

Laura, from your website bio, I see that you: "participated in the planning
and development of the first East Coast community, Pioneer Valley Cohousing
in Amherst, and have been a resident there since its completion in 1994."

Did you serve Pioneer Valley professionally during the formation? Have you
played a professional role since then?

I suspect this topic is another one that would be valuable for somebody
(that mysterious "somebody else?") to compile and sift through the numerous
exchanges about in-group compensation and relationships (remember: "hiring"
just starts the issues)... perhaps we should pay somebody from this Listserv
to do it out of our budget? (grin)

--
Craig Ragland
Coho/US Exec. Dir.