Re: Here's my Vision. Has anyone ever thought of
From: John Faust (wjfaustgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:33:00 -0800 (PST)
A slightly different form of "modular" construction is construction from
structurally insulated panels (SIPs). You can find references
here<http://www.sips.org/content/technical/index.cfm?pageId=134>.
Have any communities used or are any communities planning to use SIPs in
their structures. It would seem to have many advantages (well insulated,
rapid construction, precision and accuracy, sound attenuation) and at least
one disadvantage (formaldehyde emissions). I suspect if you do a single
structure, the costs might be high. However, if there are multiple similar
buildings, as we anticipate in our community (planning stages), maybe that
would make it more practical. Would appreciate any clarification/experience
members of this listserv might have.

John Faust

Sierra Vista, AZ