Sixth Principle : No Shared Economy?
From: Louis-H. Campagna (lhcampagnahotmail.com)
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 00:22:37 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

We are a group forming in Quebec City.  We've just come head on with the No
Shared Economy issue (6th Principle).

A member has motioned we hire him for project development work.  This has been
done without any prior request for proposals and the member is quite
influencial within the group and occupies a position of trust.

Legaly speaking, according to our statutes of incorporation. this is a conflict
of interest situation.  In my opinion, the member is exercizing undue influence
on the needs evaluation and hiring process.

Nonetheless, the group wishes to move ahead with a discussion about hiring this
member, or generally any member.  This discussion may be a good idea.

Any experience or advice on this delicate issue?

What is the exact meaning of Principle 6?  Seems a bit ambivalent.

Thanks.

Louis-H. Campagna
Cohabitat Québec