cork flooring
From: Mary English (Mary.Englishhsc.utah.edu)
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 17:05:11 -0800 (PST)
Trillium Hollow Cohousing  Portland is going to remodel our common dining
room. Would value knowing your experience with cork flooring

Our next door neighbor put in cork flooring. It is very attractive but a much
more fragile surface than many, and if what you are considering is anything
like theirs, I would question its ability to stand up to heavy common house use.

Regarding you question about dining club considerations, the noise has
certainly been a factor in several individuals considerations in eating in the
common house. Any fabric covered surface will deaden sound more than a hard
surface.
Also consider , table clothes, drapes, fabric print wall hangings, and even old
carpet on the underside of tables.