Re: cork floors in CH dining room
From: NetiPotLady (NetiPotLadyaol.com)
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 20:28:28 -0800 (PST)
I have no experience with cork floors in a Common house dining room, but I
grew up in a home with cork floors in the hallways and 3 bedrooms. The house
was
built in 1954 and is still standing and the cork floors are still in
excellent shape. They are wonderful to walk on (soft and resilient) and needed
waxing
occasionally I believe but other than that easy maintenance (just sweep and
mop). They obviously have a long life.
They aren't cold and my sister and I spent many hours playing on them. I
would think they would absorb sound better than other harder surfaces.  I'm
sure
the cost is higher but well worth it in the long run.

Gina
Stone Curves Cohousing in Tucson, AZ
(formerly from PA, where I had the cork floors)