Re: internal hiring (was Sixth Principle)
From: Mac Thomson (macheartwoodcohousing.com)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 05:33:21 -0800 (PST)
On Jan 21, 2008, Diane <daveanddee [at] verizon.net> wrote:

It is not a good idea to have a member be project manager. If
anything goes wrong with the project they will be a lightning rod for
discontent.

There can certainly be advantages and disadvantages of hiring within the group. I was project manager for our group and I think that folks here consider that to have been successful. Since move-in, we have also hired members as water system operator and bookkeeper with success.

There's also been all manner of private hiring of fellow members within our neighborhood (Sally hires Fred to remodel her kitchen), but that's really a different beast.

Cheers,
Mac

--
Mac Thomson

Heartwood Cohousing
Southwest Colorado
http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com

"It takes two to speak the truth -- one to speak and another to hear."
         - Henry David Thoreau