Re: cork flooring
From: Laura Fitch (lfitchkrausfitch.com)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 06:16:20 -0800 (PST)
Ceilings are much more important for sound dampening than floors.  Do them
first, and then if you still need more treatment, then think about the
floors.  Cork is a nice material and does hold up fairly well.  If you are
applying it directly to concrete slab, better check with the manufacturer
for cleaning concrete surface and adhesive - I've seen this fail  in
commercial installations.

Again on ceilings:  My understanding is that the best bang for your buck, is
Armstrong's "nubby" panel (1" thick fiberglass panels, held in place with
wood battens).  Some groups shy away from this because of fears of
fiberglass fibers - but the panels are covered on room side, and installed
where they are not disturbed.  Masks should be used by installers.

Laura Fitch, AIA, LEED
Kraus-Fitch Architects, Inc
110 Pulpit Hill Rd.
Amherst, MA  01002