Re: cork flooring
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 07:52:12 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 21, 2008, at 8:04 PM, Mary English wrote:

Our next door neighbor put in cork flooring. It is very attractive but a much more fragile surface than many, and if what you are considering is anything like theirs, I would question its ability to stand up to heavy common house use.

We have cork on the main passage way from the front door to the mail boxes and it has help very well except where it was damaged by a package deliverer's hand cart which almost any floor. But it has held up for foot traffic, daily UPS deliveries of many boxes, and small children's riding toys. And we don't do the annual maintenance another poster mentioned.

There may be different grades of cork.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines