Cork floors and pets
From: Kristen Simmons (simmonskristengmail.com)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:08:25 -0800 (PST)
I really like cork flooring. It's natural and sustainable; resilient, but
durable. It is wonderful at reducing the sounds of foot impact. We Cork (
wecork.com) is a product that I specify. I haven't heard of any pet
problems, but since I'm currently stuck on a train, I did look it up. This
is what the We Cork folks have to say about it:

*Q. - Will my pets' claws damage the floor?*
*A. - *Pets that are well behaved should pose no threat to your cork
floor.Excessive digging and clawing however will damage any floor. The
urethane or wax finish can be scratched by your pet's claws. It is important
to keep their claws trimmed to reduce the amount of scratching to the
finish.

Cheers,
Kristen Simmons

Stony Brook Cohousing, now forming in Boston, MA