Meal payments
From: Ruth Hirsch (heidinysearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:31:14 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

Tonight at dinner in our Commonhouse, several neighbors were talking about going 'over budget' and spending money out-of pocket when cooking for the Community.
The system we've fallen into, and have been using does have that risk.
The system is that the Head Cook sees how many people are signed up to eat that meal. Then calculates how much income that should provide. Then uses that amount or less for the meal.

For example, tonight there were 8 people signed up. At $3 each=$24. Cook has that amount to use. On a Sunday there might be 5 people x$3= $75. The cook for this meal has this amt to use. Extra goes to Commonhouse kitchen slush fund.

So,  feedback, please: What system/s do you use?  Do you find it works?