Re: Meal payments
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:47:45 -0800 (PST)
If the cooks know in advance how much $$ they can spend on a meal, why do they end up out-of-pocket? Are you charging too little?

Our cooks sometimes go over budget too, but in our case I find it much more understandable since the overage does not come out of the cooks' pocket. We assume, usually correctly, that other meals going under budget will generally balance out those that go over.

In our system (which I think is the same as your system), diners pay a set amount for a dinner and must sign up in advance so the cooks will know how much they are supposed to spend.

    Muriel
    Shadowlake Village Cohousing
    Blacksburg, VA