Re: Building in a floodplain
From: James Kacki (jimkackimts.net)
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 13:32:34 -0800 (PST)

First and most important is to check with your municipal authorities. In our area, Winnipeg, Manitoba, for instance it is forbidden to build in the floodplain. In other areas if you are allowed to build there, there will undoubtedly be very specific restrictions & regulations. I'm sure those regulations will answer all your questions about what you can, or can't, or should do. My guess is that you won't have many choices. it will all be spelled out for you.
James

Hi,

Does anyone have ideas, opinions pro/con, advice, experiences, references,
etc., about establishing a cohousing development within a floodplain ?

All contributions welcome !

Louis-H. Campagna
Cohabitat Québec (forming)
Québec City, Canada