Re: Meal payments
From: R.P. Aditya (adityagrot.org)
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 12:33:08 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 12:29:03PM -0800, Raines Cohen wrote:
> OK, I just have to ask, what's "Ciw Yapp or Ciw Niebe"?

our neighbor Tim was in the Peace Corp in Senegal and is the cook for those
dishes (and the Mafe) and he uses this description for the meal:

 Ciw comes from Senegal. It is a savory tomato-and-onion sauce with cabbage,
 sweet potatoes and carrots, served over white rice.

 Veg: Ciw Niebe sauce will include black-eyed peas ("Niebe" in wolof).

 Meat: Ciw Yapp sauce will include beef ("Yapp" in wolof).

(your neighbor Ellen just asked the same thing, but I sent my reply off-list :-)

Adi