MEMBER APPLYING TO BE PROJECT MANAGER
From: David Bellin (dbellinpurplevalley.net)
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 15:16:23 -0800 (PST)
The responses were interesting..... we all come via our own histories....

I was an early member of the Pacifica Cohousing group in North Carolina.

Well into the process, the architect/developer hired me as the Project Manager for the development, because of my experience in construction and affordable housing.

We never experienced the problems some of the respondents fear.... but I can also say that there were no "reservations about...character and qualifications". That is the
big red flag to me.

Otherwise, if you're all open, honest, and communicate, I actually think an argument can be made that a group member will look out for your interests more carefully than
an outsider would!

David Bellin dbellin [at] DavidBellin.com
Licensed Contractor & RE Broker

DJ "Doctor Tofu" - Blue Collar Wisdom
1035 LP FM - TH 7-8pm Listen / Donate/ Support
www.communityradio.coop