Re: paying for CH coffee & tea
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:06:07 -0800 (PST)
All of Songaia's coffee and teas are freely available to all residents and
visitors alike at any time... it makes our common house cafe area much more
attractive and encourages use of other areas as well. Those of us who are
fully participating in our food program bear the cost from our meals
account, i.e., just the diners (about 85% of our residents). Folks in the
food program can also take tea (but not coffee) home for use in our private
units (we stock about 30 types).

We are always open to gifts from visitors - we have a drop slot for checks
or cash - its located somewhere that you'd never see unless you went looking
for it. Sometimes, some really large denomination bills even show up. I'm
quite clear that the freely given financial gifts we've received over the
years have far exceeded our out-of-pocket costs from hosting.