Re: paying for CH coffee & tea
From: Lynn Nadeau (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:11:06 -0800 (PST)
AT RoseWind Cohousing, we fund the coffee and tea along with the pantry staples, which come from a fraction of our paid-meal money. Mostly that goes for coffee. Seems like we get a lot of teabags donated, as people get kinds they don't want. Now and then we buy the more popular kinds. For events other than RoseWind gatherings, people are supposed to provide their own food, candles, and beverages, including tea and coffee. Some of the tea gets used, anyway, at events, but it hasn't been a problem. As most of our meals are in the evening, coffee isn't usually made. Sometimes for a brunch or a morning meeting. We don't go through a lot. A few years ago, we tried having a coffee, chat, read the paper sort of gathering on a weekday morning slot, but it wasn't well attended and stopped happening.
Lynn Nadeau